Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Flexible or Not to Be Flexible?

Did you think I was going to talk about yoga? Well, guess what? This is not a post about yoga.  I'm talking about work-out routines and plans.  Are you one that likes to have each day of the week planned out as to which days are allocated for cardio and which days are allocated for weight training and that it is the same schedule from week to week to week? This is where you don't want to deviate from your routine, because it helps you stay on track of your program.  If this is what works for you, then by all means, you have got to stick with this plan.

On the other hand, you might be like me.  I need to have variety or flexibility within my week from week to week to week; otherwise, if I stay with the same routine from week to week, then for my personality, this would lead to burn-out...again, for my type. When training for a marathon, I like to have the same day of the week-end for my long runs, but then I switch up my days during the week for my short runs, my mountain bike ride, weight training, and yoga and even switch up yoga instructors. This mix up routine from week to week keeps me refreshed in a sense and I don't get tired of training.  So, does this sound like you?  This certainly works for us who always needs variety in life.  If this is you, then either continue with this plan or try this plan out.

Being flexible in our work-out programs and routines or staying regimented from week to week is not wrong at all. We have to experiment and go with the flow that works best for our personality and make-up. If your current work-out routine hasn't worked well for you, try the other way, whichever way that may be for you.  See if it prevents burn-out and keeps you staying motivated to keep moving. The basic bottom line of all this is, don't ever stop exercising or working out. It's one of the several important elements to keep our bodies, the temple of God, in tip top shape so that we may be able to love and care for those around us.

******
Please feel free to share your work-out schedule with us and what has worked best for you. 

No comments: