Sunday, February 5, 2012

Carrot Balsamic Vinegar Hummus

A friend had given me a bottle of Annie's Naturals Dipping Oil.  I thought...hmmm...how would hummus taste with this. Well, let me tell you, very good...that is if you are a fan of balsamic vinegar, which I am! I made this in my older version of a VitaMix machine...and my VitaMix still works great.:)



Ingredients:
2 15.5 oz cans of garbanzo beans
3 medium sized carrots  boiled & chopped
1/2 cup of Annie's Naturals Dipping Oil

6 cloves of garlic minced and chopped
Lawry's garlic salt to taste
Water as needed



Directions:
Place garbanzo beans and carrots into blender along with the dipping oil. Blend on medium. Add garlic and a little water if needed to help thin down the hummus. Add garlic salt to taste. Blend. When desired flavor with garlic salt is achieved, the hummus is ready to be devoured. You can also heat the hummus first in the microwave if you prefer to serve warm.

Hummus is always a wonderful dip rich in fiber and with the carrots in this particular recipe, beta carotene content is bumped up some. This hummus has a kick to it, so be ready! Enjoy! 

******
Other than pita bread, what other food items do you like to eat hummus with?










No comments: