Monday, December 5, 2011

Life Complete With Christ

There are many things in life that I enjoy having through purchasing. However, after a few weeks or so, the novelty always seems to wane and ware off, but...it is still nice to have certain things that I've bought...at a bargain, of course. It just seems like no material item in life ever gives lasting happiness. If worse came to worse, and I've lost the few belongings that I have, that would be perfectly alright. I know I could live without those material possessions. Why would it be perfectly alright? That's because I know I will never lose what is most valuable to me no matter what situation I am in.

Christ promises to always be with us. When we have Him in our personal lives, life is much more bearable despite the difficulties. A personal relationship with Christ is the most valuable possession to have in our lives. If we are not connected to Him on a daily basis, there is no way we can do anything else. He is the only One that we can find life and strength in. I love what Christ says in John 15:5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing". 

Each day we can go on in our lives to accomplish what we need to do for family, friends, school, patients/clients, work, community service, and hobbies, because it is God that gives strength, encouragement, inspiration, life, and blessings to ignite the fire in our lives.  However, God won't force His way into your life. He waits to be invited. Why not invite Him into your life today if you haven't already.

******
How has God been evident in your life so far this week?

2 comments:

Kareen said...

I LOVE this! Yes, God has been evident in life even when I don't feel like I deserve it. He is awesome!

JeJe Noval, R.D. said...

Oh, I can say the same for myself, Kareen! I agree with you...thank God He is awesome through the good AND the not-so-good times!!