Tuesday, October 25, 2011

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: Never Really Alone


One of the many blessings of life is being able to go on long runs with friends. The camaraderie is always heartwarming.  Also, it is a wonderful feeling to share your passion with friends when you are running together.


On the other hand, I also cherish my short runs in which I run by myself.  In reality though, I am not running by myself on those short runs.  Christ said in Hebrews 13:5, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you".  So, there you have it.  Jesus is right there beside us even on when we are running with no other human being next to us. This is the time I also love talking to God. (I don't like listening to music when I run. I enjoy soaking in the peace and quiet.) There are times I don't even want to discuss anything with Him, but just thank Him over and over again for the endless blessings He always gives. It is also the time when I just praise Him for who He is.  What a great feeling to know that my number One Best Friend is always with me wherever I go.


******
It varies for all of us when we talk to God.  When are the times you're able to talk to Him in your day?



No comments: