Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Nutrition Bit of the Day

For the past three weeks, I've had the privilege of supervising one of our dietetic student's community rotation at Drayson Center, the wellness center of Loma Linda University and Medical Center. My student, Staci Sellas, did a phenomenol job, in conducting one on one nutrition counseling sessions with clients of all ages. In addition, she taught a workshop on wellness and weight management.

Because Drayson has a digital "bulletin board" especially dedicated to nutrition information, I had Staci work on a series of "Nutrition Bits".  The following is one of the "Nutrition Bits" she worked on, which is a tip you can keep in mind on a regular basis.



(Sorry, that last food item listed is "guava", which I didn't realize I cut off converting the file.) So, just a little reminder to have a vitamin C source at every meal to make sure iron is adequately absorbed, especially if you're a vegetarian. Having adequate iron in your blood can make a difference in our energy levels and feeling good overall.

******
What "new fruit to you" have you tried lately?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

To remain agile, younger, and to avoid obesity one should drink sufficient water.

Nutrition and Hydration week 2014

markson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JeJe Noval, R.D. said...

Thank you, Muneer! I appreciate you stopping by. However, please know that I am deep into working on my dissertation for this coming year. I pray I'll be done by February 17, 2017...that's why you might not see any new information until then! God bless you!

Unknown said...

Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, is very helpful my friend. Also great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here. iherb coupon 2014

JeJe Noval, R.D. said...

Hello Deborah,
Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comment. I really have a desire to get back to my blog as soon as my third degree as finished. Thank you for your encouragement.
Best,
JeJe

FoodResearch said...

great post on nutrition bit on day
Food Nutrition Analysis Testing Laboratories