Monday, November 21, 2011

PRODUCT REVIEW: VegeFish Fillet by Heritage Health Food

As much as possible, I keep eating processed veggie meats to "just a once in a while" deal. If they weren't processed and high in sodium, it sure would be nice to have them more often, because many of them taste so wonderfully good. Having said that, on to the product I just happened to stumble across while at Clark's Nutrition store.


My eye caught a VegeFish Fillet package. It had a "breaded/battered" look to it. I pulled it out of the the freezer and after looking it over, I decided to give it a try. This product is by Heritage Health Food. My first attempt with it was that I baked it in the oven.  Now, before I try any  "veggie meat" that is new to me, I tell myself..."Don't expect it to taste like the real deal! Appreciate it for its own flavor." As I paired it together with tartar sauce, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I actually liked it. Now, I must admit the second time I had it, I decided to just fry it a little...again, just a little with canola oil and not deep fried. Oh, it tasted even better with more crispiness. It definitely has a tasty flavor of its own, which kind of comes a little close to battered fish, but not really. However, as I said, I really liked it and it is worth trying.

Putting two fillets together of the VegeFish product has four more grams of protein, but with more sodium than the Van de Kamp's Frozen Fish Fillets. You would at least be getting two grams of fiber from the VegeFish Fillets.  In the Van de Kamp's Frozen Fish Fillets, you wouldn't. Again, when it comes to veggie meats, I don't like eating them all the time; however, for variety sake, I like to go ahead and have them every now and then. Try something different today. Try the VegeFish Fillet by Heritage Health Food.

******
Have you tried other products by Heritage Health Food?  If so, which ones are your favorites? 



No comments: