Friday, November 4, 2011

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT: Trust

My friend, Jackie, and her husband could not go to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert as they had planned to last night. I was then given the privilege to have the tickets placed in my hands. Off to the SCC concert I went bringing my Mom along with me, so that she can enjoy some good music as well.  

The evening started great with Steven Curtis Chapman, and his band, including Andrew Peterson and Josh Wilson.  What an amazing combination. Although I was swept away with the music, I was also reminiscing about the sudden tragedy SCC and his family had experienced three years earlier.  His youngest adopted daughter's life ended all to soon.  Through the songs being sung, I went through tears, laughter, tears, laughter, tears.  Through the pain, SCC, his wife, Marybeth, and children never lost their trust in their Almighty God.  Their continued faith in God through the pain and continued healing sustains them to this day. I was so encouraged seeing SCC be in such happy, joyful spirits despite the pain.  Steven Curtis Chapman reminded us that they will see his daughter again. The hope he and his family have is the same hope we all have too. The message of the evening boiled down to...trust in God...no matter what, no matter what you're going through, no matter if you don't understand...trust.  

Many times I don't understand why certain aspects in my life went the way they did that were disappointing, but I too, through all that I went through have left me with no other choice, but to just trust God.  What Steven, Andrew, and Josh made clear in their stories last night is that we all go through pain. God may not take away the pain when we're going through such difficult times, but God is there to hold us in His arms. Therefore, just trust. Trust God. This is exactly what we are told to do in Proverbs 3:5, 6..."Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not in your own understanding. Acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight".  Trust. I thank the gentlemen last night for a great reminder and for encouraging and inspiring us through their songs and stories.Trust. Trust in the Lord.

******

What verse in the Bible do you remember when going through difficult times?

No comments: