Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Every Day

I love the Thanksgiving holiday!  In fact, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Why? Well, of course, here in America we are grateful for our history. We are thankful for the Native Americans giving seed to and showing the Pilgrims how to fish and establishing a wonderful relationship. We are definitely grateful to all who helped establish life here in this wonderful country. Beyond being grateful for our history, Thanksgiving holiday is a time we do reflect on all the blessings God has given to us in our lives day in and day out. Going through this reflection in our lives makes us be immensely grateful for what God has given to us.  

Although this holiday is wonderful and all, I personally love to thank God every single day. Waiting until the last Thursday of November isn't the only time we should be grateful in my opinion. I just know God loves it when we talk to Him throughout our day and thank Him for what comes our way. I am very thankful for numerous blessings daily. I am thankful for my parents, my cats, relatives, friends, health, and my job...just to name a few. There's definitely more! God hears it from me all the time!! 

Let's not wait for Thanksgiving day. Let's be thankful every day 365 days a year even when the going is rough! He helps us even through those times. "Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms." Psalm 95: 1 & 2.

******
What are you thankful for? 

No comments: